It’s STILL Not About the Food!
Everyone agrees that bariatric surgery is a tool-not a quick fix. If you have had (or are considering) gastric bypass, the band, or the sleeve, the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program for Bariatric Surgery is designed to prevent, identify, and resolve the maladaptive eating habits and emotional eating issues that commonly lead to problems after bariatric surgery, including:
- Eating too quickly, taking large bites, or not chewing thoroughly
- Eating mindlessly while distracted, leading to over-consumption
- Not savoring food and therefore having difficulty feeling satisfied with small volumes of food
- Eating too much, leading to discomfort, vomiting and/or distention of the pouch
- Grazing throughout the day and/or eating “slider” foods and high-calorie soft foods and liquids
- Struggling with emotional eating
- Not consuming enough protein or nutrient-rich foods
- Feeling guilty, deprived, or left-out in social situations
- Struggling to establish consistent, joyful physical activity
- Difficulty adjusting to life after bariatric surgery
Free to Live a Healthy, Vibrant Life
If you are like most people who make the major decision to have bariatric surgery, you have tried everything else first. You hope bariatric surgery will improve your health and energy. Yet without the additional tool of mindful eating, bariatric surgery can feel like a permanent diet that continues to consume your life. Learning to eat mindfully allows you to think about eating when you need to and free up your energy and attention to focus on living in between!
We can help you adjust to your new normal! Next steps…