If you’re feeling stressed during the Corona virus pandemic, you are not alone! If you need help managing stress, watch this recorded webinar: Mindful Stress Management.
What causes stress?
Sources of stress due to the Corona virus include:
- Fear of the unknown
- A sense of loss of control
- Social distancing leading to isolation and disconnection
- Fear of becoming ill
- Fear of loved ones, especially high-risk individuals, becoming ill
- Working from home
- Children at home
- Home schooling
- Scarcity of food and supplies
- Businesses under stress
- Loss of income or even your job
- Falling stock market
In this recorded webinar, Dr. Michelle May addresses the nature of stress and how chronic stress can lead to dis-stress and dis-ease.
She explores ways to manage stress mindfully including:
- Establishing routines and rituals
- Increasing connection
- Building a self-care buffer zone
- Productive quarantine
- Looking for the positive
One common response to stress is eating so Dr. May also shared strategies from her book series, Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat.
Mindful Stress Management video
We received wonderful feedback and gratitude for this webinar:
Words cannot express the gratitude I felt after participating in today’s webinar. What a blessing you shared with us. I found the presentation to be invaluable. – Alita
Thank you for the wonderfully relevant stress management webinar! I really enjoyed it! – Pam
Thank you so much for these welcome resources and for the fine webinar in these stressful times of uncertainty. Your teaching was clear and filled with generous love. – Miriam
More Stress Management Tools
Yoga Nidra Practice
Unfortunately, we had to cancel our Mindful Eating and Yoga Retreat in April due to the Corona virus outbreak. Our yoga instructor, Dawn Hopkins, generously shared this lovely 18-minute Yoga Nidra practice.
Loving Kindness Meditation
This brief meditation with Michelle May helps you cultivate compassion toward yourself and others.
Mindful Eating Support Community
Under these unusual circumstances, you may be experiencing more stress, more triggers for eating, and limited connection with others. You may also have more time on your hands and need additional support.
Therefore, we have decided to open our Mindful Eating Support Community membership to provide additional support for those who want to use this time to work on their relationship with food.
- Our private Facebook page is a wonderful place to work on issues as they come up and make connections with others who are on this journey too.
- We will make all eight of the Mindful Eating Online Program modules available at once (instead of one per week) so you can watch them while you have time at home.
- Participate in live Group Coaching sessions and Skill-Building webinars.
- Private coaching for Level 1 Members.
- And much more! Read about everything included in our Mindful Eating Support Community membership here.
Stay well and safe everyone!