Experience the Power of Mindful Eating Coaching
Are you stuck in an eat-repent-repeat cycle? Do you feel like you have struggled with the same eating challenges for years? Is it finally time to take action to heal your relationship with food and your body?
Whether you’re new to Am I Hungry? or have participated in a mindful eating program or retreat, working with an Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Coach will help you transform your life. Step-by-step, you and your coach will target the areas you struggle with and resolve them together. You’ll discover the barriers that are preventing you from eating mindfully and living vibrantly and explore solutions to overcome them.
Mindful Eating Coaching can help you:
- Get out of autopilot and cultivate greater awareness of your habitual eating patterns
- Re-learn to trust hunger as your primary cue for eating
- Reduce eating in response to triggers such as stress, boredom, overwhelm, late night eating, and the sight or smell of food (just to name a few!)
- Identify and effectively meet the underlying needs that drive overeating and restrictive eating
- Eat the foods you love without guilt or bingeing
- Gain clarity about what to eat with a flexible, “all foods can fit” approach
- Develop sustainable strategies for planning meals and enjoying them mindfully
- Eat in a way that leaves you feeling better after you finished than you did when you started
- Free up your energy to attend to other aspects of your life and live the big life you crave!
What are my Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Coach’s qualifications?
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Coaches have the passion and skills to help you resolve your struggles with eating, activity, and self-care. Each Am I Hungry? coach has been trained and certified through a reputable coaching organization and has completed 24 hours of Training for Mindful Eating Coaching. Most also have additional education and experience in health and behavior change, including nutrition, fitness, and positive psychology. You’ll have the opportunity to review their bios and select a coach that fits your needs best.
How long will I work with my coach?
Like most worthwhile transformations, learning to eat and care for yourself mindfully requires effort and practice—and is absolutely worth it! Each person’s timeline and journey is unique but you are likely to progress more quickly when you make this process a priority. Of course, how long you work with your coach is completely up to you. Most people find that meeting with their coach two to three times each month is ideal for optimal support and progress.
How does Am I Hungry? Coaching work?
Step 1: Schedule a complimentary coaching session with the Am I Hungry? Coach of your choice.
Once you complete the information in the sidebar, you’ll receive an email with a link to a directory of certified, experienced Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Coaches and instructions for scheduling your free 30-minute coaching session. This complimentary, no-strings-attached session gives you the chance to determine whether Am I Hungry? coaching is a good fit for you.
Step 2: Choose your coaching package.
Once you’ve completed your complimentary coaching session, select the coaching package that’s right for you. Four session or eight session packages provide you with the best value and commitment to the process. Once you choose the package that meets your needs best, you’ll start working with your coach right away.
Step 3: Meet with your coach at a time and on a schedule that’s convenient for you.
Together, you and your coach will decide when and how often to meet. Most coaching sessions are done by phone, but you may have the option to meet with your coach face-to-face, depending on your location, preference, and schedule. Coaching sessions last approximately 50 minutes.
What is the difference between coaching and therapy?
While both coaching and therapy seek to help you make positive changes in your life through a process of discovery, there are important distinctions. For example:
- Therapists are trained to diagnose and treat mental illness; coaches are not.
- Therapy often focuses on understanding and healing the past, whereas coaching more often emphasizes the present and future.
- Therapists are often viewed as the “expert” in the relationship. Coaches are generally trained to establish a partnership with clients.
There are myriad issues that may need to be addressed through therapy or other professional support before coaching can be effective including, among others, eating disorders, untreated depression or anxiety, and past history of abuse or trauma that is driving problematic eating behaviors. If you suspect you have an issue that may be more effectively addressed with a therapist or other professional support, speak with your primary care physician for recommendations. Or, if you have or suspect you have an eating disorder, consider visiting the Eating Disorders Referral website at www.edreferral.com.
What is my investment?
In order to accomplish what you desire, you must be willing to invest your whole self in reaching your goals. It is an important commitment—and reaps great rewards!
After your free coaching session with the coach of your choice, you have three investment options:
- A single coaching session for $125
- A package of 4 coaching sessions for $400
- A package of 8 coaching sessions for $700
After you complete the number of coaching sessions you have purchased, additional packages can be purchased from the Am I Hungry? Marketplace at any time.
Alternatively, you may wish to become a member of our Am I Hungry? Support Community. Level 1 includes two coaching sessions per month; Levels 2 and 3 include 10% off the coaching prices listed above!
I’m ready! How do I get started?
Simply fill out the form in the right sidebar to access our network of Am I Hungry? Coaches and schedule your complimentary, no-obligation 30-minute coaching session. You’ll be on your way to a healthier, more peaceful relationship with food, and a bigger, more vibrant life!