Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Muffins
by Chef Owen May and Dr. Michelle May
Transforming three black bananas into a dozen fabulous Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Muffins is one of life’s little miracles, don’t you think?
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tablespoons of skim milk or water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (2 to 3 med)
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin.
- Beat first six ingredients 1 minute on low then 2 minutes on high.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Stir in about half of the walnuts.
- Generously fill 12 muffin cups.
- Top with the remaining walnuts and add a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Your journey is unique so we provide options to explore mindful eating in a way that meets your needs.