Comprehensive Diabetes Education Curriculum
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Facilitator Training will prepare you to offer a comprehensive diabetes education and training curriculum using mindful eating principles. This diabetes education curriculum was designed to help people with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes adopt self-care behaviors and make sustainable lifestyle changes to improve health outcomes and quality of life. Download the complete information packet from the sidebar on the right.
Meets Curriculum Requirements for Diabetes Program Accreditation
The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Program is a written curriculum based on current evidence and practice guidelines and is updated as needed, not less than annually. It consists of six 90-minute group sessions (a total of nine hours) which incorporate the AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors™:
- Healthy eating
- Being active
- Glucose monitoring
- Using medication
- Problem solving
- Reducing risks
- Healthy coping
The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes education curriculum may be used to provide Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT) services as part of an accredited program. This diabetes education curriculum for people with Type 2 Diabetes was designed to meet the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education NSDSME Standard 6: Curriculum.
Comprehensive Mindful Eating for Diabetes Facilitator Training includes:
This training program includes all of the skills, tools, and materials you’ll need to offer workshops and/or individual coaching for patients with prediabetes and diabetes. This comprehensive training is online, self-paced, and all-inclusive:
- Recorded webinars of the of the seven 90-minute Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Workshops (an intro and six classes with actual participants) and seven 60-minute training sessions facilitated by program co-creators Michelle May MD and Megrette Fletcher MEd, RD, CDE
- BONUS: Six 1-hour Counseling Training sessions that provide practical tips and motivational interviewing examples to enhance your effectiveness while working one-on-one with your patients and clients.
- Detailed Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Facilitator Guide
- Copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes
- PowerPoint slides for all six workshops plus an introductory session
- All diabetes workshop handouts
- Bonus Business and Marketing curriculum
- Continuing education credits
- …and more!
Details and Registration
Complete the form on the right to download the complete Am I Hungry? Facilitator Training for Diabetes information packet. This packet has all the details you’ll need including FAQs and registration links.
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Program brief overview.
Click here for continuing education credits, objectives, and faculty bios for Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Facilitator Training
What do other health and wellness professionals say about Am I Hungry? training?
Other Mindful Eating Training Opportunities
Facilitator, Coach, and Therapist training and Continuing Education is also available for our Mindful Eating Program, Mindful Eating for Binge Eating, and Mindful Eating for Bariatric Surgery. Train with Us Home