Online Training Format and Materials
Online training NOW available! Fill out the form to the right to receive details and registration links.
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Online Training incorporates a combination of engaging learning formats and materials:
- Audio recordings of live psychoeducational (workshop) sessions which took place during our Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Retreat with actual participants facilitated by Michelle May, M.D. and Kari Anderson DBH, LPC, CEDS.
- Audio recorded Group Therapy Sessions conducted by Dr. Kari Anderson (10 sessions)
- Educational webinars
- Telephonic Case Consultations to support you through your pilot program
- Detailed Therapist Guide and business and marketing materials
- Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Binge Eating
- Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Workbook and Awareness Journal
- Receive $250 off our Mindful Eating for Emotional And Binge Eating Retreat
You will earn a total of 46 Continuing Education Credits by completing the following four training modules.
Online training to offer Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Programs consists of four modules which provide you with a strong foundation and the skills and tools to offer an effective comprehensive therapeutic program for the treatment of Binge Eating Disorder (BED).
Training Module I
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Psychoeducational Sessions/Workshops (20 hours)
This module includes the training and materials to facilitate ten highly interactive psychoeducational group workshops focused on teaching mindful eating and emotional regulation concepts and skills. The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Workshops guide the participants through the decision making process using the structure of the Mindful Eating Cycle: Why do I eat? When do I eat? What do I eat? How do I eat? How much do I eat? and Where do I invest my energy?
Training Module 2
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Therapy (13 hours)
This module includes the training and materials to conduct ten small group or individual therapy sessions. The therapy sessions give clients focused time with a trained AIH ME-BE therapist in order to process their feelings and experiences. Therapy sessions include a centering activity, self-care skills, and self-discovery exercises. You will listen to 10 audio recordings of Group Therapy sessions conducted by Kari Anderson DBH, LPC, CEDS, co-founder of the AIH ME-BE Program.
Training Module 3
Educational Webinars (10 hours)
The webinars topics include:
- Evidence-based Treatment for Binge Eating
- Motivational Theory
- Eating Disorders 101
- Scope of Practice
- Assessments and Outcome Measures
- Business and Marketing
Training Module 4
Case Consultation (10 hours)
Ten hours of Case Consultation with Nancy Romanick are included in your training. Six telephonic Case Consultation calls will guide and support you through your first Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Program. Thereafter, participate in one telephonic Case Consultation session per quarter with Nancy and other AIH ME-BE Therapists.
Can I earn continuing education credits for this training?
Watch a video about the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Training process.
More Details and Registration: Fill out the form in the sidebar to download the complete Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Binge Eating Online Training Packet. This packet has all the details you’ll need including FAQs and registration links.