by Chef Owen May and Dr. Michelle May
Olive Tepenade is a rich, flavorful yet easy appetizer or spread for sandwiches. You can experiment with whatever olives you have on hand so you always have a great appetizer or snack at the last minute!
Easy way to peel a clove of garlic; lay the flat side of a knife on the clove and smash it with your fist. The paper covering will peel off easily.
Olives are rich in omega 3 fatty acids so olive tepenade makes a great spread or appetizer. It is high in salt so use in moderation.
1/3 cup Kalamata olives
1/3 cup Greek olives
1/3 cup black olives
2 artichoke hearts (canned, in water)
2 tablespoons capers
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain olives and artichoke hearts
- Finely chop first six ingredients then combine with lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a coarse paste has formed.
- Place into serving dish and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with baked pita chips or use as a spread on sandwiches or paninis.
Your journey is unique so we provide options to explore mindful eating in a way that meets your needs.