Bruschetta with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Cheese
by Chef Owen May and Dr. Michelle May
Bruschetta is crisp, baked French bread that is a great base for fresh toppings. Serve a basketful with toppings like Olive Tapenade and fresh ingredients like sliced Roma tomatoes, whole basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese. Or, if you prefer, you can prepare a tray of bruschetta ahead of time.
Number of Servings: 8
1 18-inch baguette
2 teaspoons of olive oil
Assorted toppings: whole basil leaves, mozzarella or goat cheese, tomato, pesto, roasted garlic, roasted peppers
- Thinly slice baguette into ¼ inch slices.
- Spray both sides with olive oil (you can purchase spray bottles designed for oil.
- Bake at 350°F until golden brown. Turn and bake other side.
- Cool completely and store in air tight container until ready to serve.
- Top with basil leaf, cheese, and tomato.
Your journey is unique so we provide options to explore mindful eating in a way that meets your needs.