The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Program is a practical mind-body approach that shifts the focus from rigid nutrition rules and strict exercise regimens to awareness of your beliefs, habits, thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations.
Mindful Eating Puts the Self in Diabetes Self-Management
You can eat joyfully and mindfully while managing your diabetes. Learning to listen to and understand your “inner expert” puts you in charge of your eating and health decisions.
The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Program will help you:
- Savor every aspect of eating–yes, even with prediabetes or diabetes.
- Eat what you love without guilt or fear of losing control
- Discover simple yet powerful methods for knowing when, what, and how much to eat without restrictive rules
- Understand how eating and physical activity affect your blood sugar
- Learn the basics of nutrition in clear, practical terms
- Embrace blood-sugar monitoring with an attitude of curiosity instead of fear
- Decrease your anxiety about diabetes self-management.
- Make exercise a “get to” instead of a “have to”
- Understand why medications may be an important part of your diabetes care
- Become proactive at preventing the complications associated with uncontrolled diabetes
- Develop powerful patterns of thinking so you can live the balanced, vibrant life you crave
Thrive with prediabetes or diabetes!
Mindful eating can help you manage prediabetes and diabetes without restriction, guilt, or confusion!