Mindful Eating Keynotes and Guided Mindful Eating
To help audience members achieve optimal well-being, Dr. Michelle May, author of the Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat book series and founder of Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Programs and Training, offers highly rated mindful eating keynotes and workshops and guided mindful eating experiences for healthcare, corporations, and communities.
Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat
Description: Decades of dieting have left us feeling guilty, disappointed, and less healthy. This interactive, entertaining mindful eating keynote or workshop turns that old fashioned paradigm on its head. Michelle delves much deeper than the obvious advice to “eat less, exercise more,” to inspire mindful eating, movement, and self-care. Using humor, personal anecdotes, and uncommon insight, she’ll show you how to nourish your body and fuel the fulfilling life you crave for optimal well-being. (This keynote can also be tailored to address diabetes self-management, life after bariatric surgery, binge eating disorder, athletes, or college students.)
Audience: This mindful eating keynote presentation is perfect for community-wide events, corporate, and association audiences, wellness or women’s conferences, spouse programs, and universities. Continuing education credits available.
Your audience will learn:
- How to break the eat-repent-repeat cycle
- Six simple, yet powerful strategies for knowing when, what, and how much to eat without rigid, unsustainable rules
- How to recognize and cope effectively with triggers for mindless and emotional eating
- How to balance eating for nourishment with eating for enjoyment – without deprivation or guilt
“We are extremely grateful for Dr. May’s fabulous presentation and the indelible impression she left on our tight-knit community.” – Tanner Health System
Guided Mindful Eating Experience
Description: During this memorable mealtime immersion experience, participants learn to apply conscious eating strategies while Dr. May guides them through an enjoyable mindful meal. They’ll learn practical mindful eating techniques and reinforce them immediately for maximum impact and retention. This session will nourish the body, mind, heart, and spirit! (Continuing education credits available.)
Audience: This applied session is the perfect complement to any of Dr. May’s workshops or keynotes. Continuing education credits available.
Your audience will learn:
- How to differentiate physical hunger and head hunger
- How to use self-awareness to make the “perfect” food choice every time
- How to eat mindfully for more pleasure with less food
“I loved seeing all of our physicians and guest so entertained and engaged in the learning process. I believe they will more effectively transfer your key healthy lifestyle message to their patients because they experienced the power of it for themselves.” – Maryland Academy of Family Physicians
From Weight to Well-Being
Description: The goal of patient care is improved health and well-being. However, the current dominant weight-centered paradigm has been shown to be not only ineffective, but harmful. Shifting to weight-inclusive approach encourages optimal care and well-being for individuals along the entire weight spectrum.
Audience: This keynote presentation is ideal for health and wellness professionals, insurance and other healthcare industry leaders, and policy makers. Continuing education credits available.
Your audience will be able to:
- Describe the evidence-base for a weight-neutral approach to patient care.
- Cite the three most common outcomes of weight loss efforts: Weight cycling, disordered eating, and weight stigma.
- Make a plan for a weight-neutral approach to patient care, including creating a safe healthcare environment, overcoming weight bias in diagnosis and treatment, and providing effective weight-neutral counseling on behavior change.
“This deep dive into the actual scientific data behind weight and outcomes is a mind-altering paradigm shift that all physicians should understand. With passion and clarity, Dr. May offers us a new path through the jungle of judgment and emotions that cloud our medical attitudes toward weight, leading to unrealistic interventions. Rational and honest, her statistics and caring approach pave the way for new thoughtful partnerships with our patients.”– Sandra Miller MD; Faculty Emeritus, University of Arizona Family Medicine Residency; Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Arizona College of Medicine
Eat Mindfully, Live Vibrantly
Description: Organizations interested in promoting optimal well-being need engaging, positive, and practical strategies to effect behavior change. To address the complex issues contributing to our diet and exercise choices, it is essential to move beyond advice-giving and address the core drivers of our decisions. This presentation explores an innovative approach that helps individuals develop mindful eating patterns that don’t result in disordered eating and weight cycling. This interactive, entertaining keynote is punctuated by real life, practical examples illustrating how to implement the strategies in a variety of settings (customized to the audience). Dr. May delivers this crucial and timely message with passion, energy, humor, and insight that leaves a lasting impression.
Audience: This keynote presentation is perfect for corporate wellness programs, food industry, health care professionals, and policy makers. Continuing education credits available.
Your audience will learn:
- The bio-psycho-social drivers of eating important for the development of effective messages and programs
- Six crucial decision points that impact the way people manage their eating
- Why mindful eating is a powerful and universal solution to the complex problem of a food-abundant, diet-obsessed culture
- Specific strategies to encourage sustainable healthy eating habits and active lifestyles
“Dr. May’s unique way of addressing food and eating issues obviously resonated with many employees in the audience.” – Oklahoma State University Employee Wellness Program
Mindful Eating: Positive Consumer Messaging about Food
Description: After decades of a difficult love-hate relationship with food, consumers crave a positive, rational approach to eating. Dr. Michelle May’s unconventional strategies to promote mindful eating and the fearless enjoyment of food offer a powerful and universal solution to the complex issues contributing to unhealthy lifestyles. This interactive, eye-opening keynote deconstructs the Mindful Eating Cycle and explores the bio-psycho-social drivers of each decision point. Michelle is not only an award-winning author and mindful eating expert, she is an industry-insider. With her family immersed in the restaurant business for over 30 years and a professional chef-husband, she offers uncommon and unconventional insights.
Audience: This keynote presentation is ideal for the food, beverage, and restaurant industries.
Your audience will learn:
- The bio-psycho-social drivers of eating important for the development of products and consumer messages
- How to effectively engage consumers to make sustainable healthy lifestyle choices
- Strategies for communicating positive consumer messages that promote mindful eating and the fearless enjoyment of food
“The supermarket dietitians from around the country so enjoyed what you had to say and told me that your message of eating mindfully is exactly what many of their shoppers need to hear!” – Shopping for Health Conference
To contact Michelle about speaking for your group, please fill out the form in the right sidebar and we’ll get back to you immediately.