Free to Live a Healthy, Vibrant Life
If you are like most people who make the major decision to have bariatric surgery, you have tried everything else first. You hope bariatric surgery will improve your health and energy. Yet without the additional tool of mindful eating, bariatric surgery can feel like a permanent diet that continues to consume your life. Learning to eat mindfully allows you to think about eating when you need to and free up your energy and attention to focus on living in between!
We can help you adjust to your new normal!
What you’ll learn…
During these eight essential lessons, you’ll learn:
- How to be in charge of your eating instead of feeling out of control
- How to use hunger and satiety to guide your eating
- How to eat the foods you love withoutovereating or guilt
- How to balance eating for nourishment with eating for enjoyment
- How to resolve mindless and emotional eating
- How to discover joy in movement
- How to care for your body, mind, heart, and spirit
This self-paced online program, facilitated by Michelle May, M.D. (founder of Am I Hungry?) will guide you through a step-by-step process for understanding how to listen to and understand your “inner expert” and put you in charge of your eating and self-care decisions.
What others have said about this class…
Dr. May is the Mindful Eating Whisperer! I wasn’t sold on this when I started, but I was intrigued, and desperate to see if after over 40 years of dieting, starvation, eating disorders and bariatric surgery, and regain, if I could even remotely have a chance at having a normal relationship with food. At the end, my answer is yes.
This class needs to be taught in all bariatric centers. I am grateful and thankful to have found this now in my life. But man, if I had taken this class 20 years ago!
Your Mindful Eating for Bariatric Surgery online classes include:
- Eight lessons taught by Michelle that cover four essential topics:Think: Conscious decision making using the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Cycle
- Nourish: Nutrition from a nonrestrictive, all-foods-fit perspective
- Live: Physical activity that is enjoyable and can be integrated into daily life
- A copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: A Mindful Eating Program to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle (latest edition)
- A copy of the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Bariatric Surgery Workbook and Awareness Journal
- Password access to our private Member Portal and forum: Share your successes and discuss challenges with your community, access our Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Virtual Coach, write in your private journal, and use other great tools.
- Daily brief Mindful Moment emails for eight weeks to help keep you inspired and focused
- Weekly Workshop Summary: Weekly email summarizing the workshop lessons to support your progress
The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Bariatric Surgery online classes allow you to progress through this life-changing material at a pace that works for you.
About Your Mindful Eating for Bariatric Surgery Facilitator
Michelle May, M.D.
Michelle’s insight and passion for mindful eating stem from her personal struggle with food and body image. After years of chronic yo-yo dieting, she discovered a balanced, mindful approach to food, movement, and self-care.
She created Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Programs and Training (www.AmIHungry.com) to help individuals resolve mindless and emotional eating and senseless yo-yo dieting to live the vibrant life they crave. Hundreds of health and wellness professionals have been trained to facilitate Am I Hungry? mindful eating programs worldwide.
Michelle is also the award-winning author of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: A Mindful Eating Program to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle, Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Binge Eating, Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Students, and Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program for Bariatric Surgery.
As an inspirational speaker, Michelle shares her compelling message and constructive keynotes with audiences around the world. Her intention is to empower individuals to live the vibrant lives they crave.