About the Am I Hungry? Motivational Companion Cards
The concepts we teach are simple, but they’re not always easy! Replacing old, habitual, ineffective thoughts and behaviors takes practice. These 52 educational and motivational cards will change the way you think and feel about eating, physical activity, and self-care. They include the most important strategies, tips, and mindful moments from the Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat book series and the Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Programs.
Create new, powerful pathways in your brain by putting Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating tools, skills, and inspiration right at your fingertips!
Ideas for using the Motivational Companion Cards
There are many different ways to use these cards.
- Here’s one example from a participant who pulls one card a week: https://amihungry.com/perfectly-imperfect.
- Others have shared that they randomly pull one card a day and keep it on their desk to focus on that day.
- One person said she uses the little photo holders with clips to hold it in view.
- Another way to use the cards is to flip through and find cards with concepts you are working on so you have an easy reminder.
- You could also keep specific cards in specific places – the Mindful Eating Cycle card on your refrigerator; the card with mindful eating suggestions at your dinner table, and so on!
About the Author
Michelle May, M.D. is a recovered yoyo dieter and the founder of the Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Workshops and Facilitator Training Program. Hundreds of health and wellness professionals have been trained to offer Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Programs in their communities, companies, and practices.
Michelle is the award-winning author of “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: A Mindful Eating Program to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle,” “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Binge Eating,” “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes,” and “Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program for Bariatric Surgery.”
As an inspirational speaker and author, Michelle’s passion, insight, and humor stem from her own personal struggles with food. Michelle shares her compelling message and constructive keynotes with audiences around the world. Her goal is to empower individuals to resolve mindless and emotional eating to live the vibrant life they crave.