with Michelle May, M.D. and Megrette Fletcher, MEd, RD, CDE
Does managing your diabetes feel like a diet instead of a flexible, enjoyable, healthy lifestyle? Does your schedule, lifestyle, or location make it difficult for you to participate in diabetes education? Are you (way!) overdue for a diabetes management tune-up? Do you prefer to learn at your own pace in a setting that is familiar and comfortable?
The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Self-Paced Program uses the same process and includes the same great workshops, resources, and materials you would have in an in-person Mindful Eating for Diabetes program but allows you to progress through this life-changing material at a pace that works for you.
Get Started Now Includes everything you’ll need for just $249 (Shipping & Handling included in US only)
Recommended by Diabetes Professionals:
“Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes is a unique, positive program that just feels right!” – Becky Andrew, MS, RDN, CDE
“It will change your life!” – Peggy Marchini, RDN, CDE
“Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes is SO positive! You’ll feel happy to be a part of mindful diabetes management.” – Susan Clifford, RN, CDE
“A most worthwhile course.” – Jane O’Shea, Accredited Practicing Dietitian
Put your SELF Back Into Diabetes Self-Management!
With this complete self-paced program, you will learn how to manage your diabetes mindfully without rigid meal plans or punishing exercise.
We get it. A diagnosis of prediabetes or diabetes can feel like a life sentence. It is natural to feel overwhelmed with making lifestyle changes, monitoring your blood sugar levels, and preventing complications.
But we have great news! Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Prediabetes and Diabetes is a practical mind-body approach that shifts the focus from rigid nutrition rules and strict exercise regimens to awareness of your beliefs, habits, thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations. You will learn to be the expert in YOU!
This self-paced online program is facilitated by Michelle May, M.D. (founder of Am I Hungry?) and Megrette Fletcher MEd, RD, CDE (co-founder of The Center for Mindful Eating), will guide you through a step-by-step process for understanding how to listen to and understand your “inner expert” and put you in charge of your eating and health decisions.
Your self-paced Mindful Eating for Diabetes course includes:
- A copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes: A Mindful Eating Program for Thriving with Prediabetes or Diabetes
- Password access to our private Member Portal and forum – Share your successes and discuss challenges with your community, write in your private journal, access our Am I Hungry? Virtual Coach and use other great tools.
- A brief daily Mindful Moment email for six weeks to help keep you motivated and focused
- Weekly Workshop Summary – Weekly email summarizing the workshop lessons to support your progress
- Tools and handouts to help you manage your diabetes long-term
- Six crucial online lessons taught by Michelle and Megrette that cover four essential topics:
- Think: Conscious decision making using the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Cycle
- Care: Education about diabetes self-management and preventing the associated complications
- Nourish: Nutrition from a nonrestrictive, all-foods-fit perspective
- Live: Physical activity that is enjoyable and can be integrated into daily life
Get Started Now Includes everything you’ll need for just $249 (Shipping and Handling included in US only)
What You’ll Learn
With these six crucial lessons, you’ll learn a whole new way to manage your diabetes for life!
- Savor every aspect of eating – yes, even with prediabetes or diabetes
- Eat what you love without guilt or fear of losing control
- Discover simple yet powerful methods for knowing when, what, and how much to eat without restrictive rules
- Understand how eating and physical activity affect your blood sugar
- Learn the basics of nutrition in clear, practical terms
- Embrace blood-sugar monitoring with an attitude of curiosity instead of fear
- Decrease your anxiety about diabetes self-management
- Make exercise a “get to” instead of a “have to”
- Understand why medications may be an important part of your diabetes care
- Become proactive at preventing the complications associated with uncontrolled diabetes
- Develop powerful patterns of thinking so you can live the balanced, vibrant life you crave
Lesson 1: Awareness
Think: Why Do I Eat?
Care: Understanding Diabetes
Nourish: Paint by Number or Masterpiece
Live: Change Your Mind
Lesson 2: Curiosity
Think: When Do I Want to Eat?
Care: Glucose Monitoring
Nourish: Mindful Meal Planning
Live: Exercise is the Best Medicine
Lesson 3: Non-Judgment
Think: What Do I Eat?
Care: Taking Medications
Nourish: Clearing Carb Confusion
Live: Increase Your Stamina
Lesson 4: Being Present
Think: How Do I Eat?
Care: Staying Healthy
Nourish: Fat Facts
Live: Increase Your Strength
Lesson 5: Letting Go
Think: How Much Do I Eat?
Care: Problem Solving
Nourish: Protein Power
Live: Increase Your Flexibility
Lesson 6: Acceptance
Think: Where Do I Invest My Energy?
Care: A Flexible Approach to Self-Care
Nourish: Putting It All Together
Live: Mindful Movement
Get Started Now Includes everything you’ll need for just $249 (Shipping and Handling included in US. only)
About the Facilitators
Michelle May, M.D. and Megrette Fletcher, M.Ed., R.D., C.D.E. have teamed up to help people with prediabetes and diabetes learn about the benefits of mindful eating for health, well-being, and better glucose control.
Michelle May, M.D.
Michelle May, M.D. is a recovered yoyo dieter and the founder of the Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Workshops and Facilitator Training Program. Hundreds of health and wellness professionals have been trained to offer Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Programs in their communities, companies, and practices.
Michelle is the award-winning author of “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: A Mindful Eating Program to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle,” “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Binge Eating,” “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes,” and “Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program for Bariatric Surgery.”
As an inspirational speaker and author, Michelle’s passion, insight, and humor stem from her own personal struggles with food. Michelle shares her compelling message and constructive keynotes with audiences around the world. Her goal is to empower individuals to resolve mindless and emotional eating to live the vibrant life they crave.
Megrette Fletcher, M.Ed., R.D., C.D.E.
Megrette Fletcher is a registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator, author, and co-founder of The Center for Mindful Eating. Megrette is the 2013-2014 president of The Center for Mindful Eating, a non-profit, organization to assist health professionals to explore the concepts of mindful eating. She has written articles for and has been quoted about mindful eating in Diabetes Self Management, Today’s Dietitian, Today’s Social Worker, Bariatric Times, Glamour, Family Circle, The Wall Street Journal, US News and World Report, Women’s Day, and Oxygen Magazine. Megrette currently works as a diabetes educator in Dover, New Hampshire.
Get Started Now Includes everything you’ll need for just $249
You may also like…