Learn mindful eating at your own pace.
Does your schedule, lifestyle, or location make it difficult for you to participate in an Am I Hungry?® mindful eating workshop? Do you prefer to learn at your own pace in a setting that is familiar and comfortable? We have two programs for you to choose from!
Am I Hungry? Self-Paced Mindful Eating Program
The Am I Hungry? Self-Paced Mindful Eating Program uses the same processes and includes the same great resources and materials you would have in a workshop-but allows you to progress through this life-changing material at a pace that works for you.
The Am I Hungry? Self-Paced Mindful Eating Program includes all this:
- Eight Am I Hungry? Workshop videos – Facilitated by Michelle May, M.D., creator and founder of the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program. See real participants discover real solutions to their lifelong eating issues. (See video clips below.). These are online and can be access from anywhere, anytime.
- Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: A Mindful Eating Program to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle – Autographed copy of the award-winning book by Michelle May, M.D.
- Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program Workbook and Awareness Journal – Maximize your results by increasing your awareness of your thoughts, feelings, and choices. In addition to the eight workshops, each chapter includes an overview, action plan, goals, tools, and key questions to apply Am I Hungry? to your own life and seven Awareness Journal pages to record your observations each week.
- Password access to our private Member Portal – Write in your private journal, access our Am I Hungry? Virtual Coach, and use other great tools.
- Mindful Moments – Brief daily inspirational e-mail from Dr. May to keep you motivated and focused.
- Weekly Workshop Summary – Weekly email summarizing the workshop lessons to support your progress.
- BONUS 1: Audio recordings – Eight live 90-minute Am I Hungry? workshops with actual participants facilitated by Dr. Michelle May. Download to listen on your MP3 player or listen online.
- BONUS 2: Coaching Session – 30-minute individual coaching session with an Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Coach.
Watch video clips from the Am I Hungry? Workshops:
- Self-Care Buffer Zone – Nourish your body, mind, heart and spirit to live the fulfilling life you deserve. Choose format (157 sec.): Windows QuickTime
Want to change your life? Start the Am I Hungry? Self-Paced Mindful Eating Program!
Price: $279.95 (Save over $200 off price of products purchased separately!)Begin Self-Paced Program Now
** For a self-paced Mindful Eating program with support, you may want to join our Support Community. Click here for more information.
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Self-Paced Program
The Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Self-Paced Program uses the same process and includes the same great resources and materials you would have in an in-person Mindful Eating for Diabetes workshop but allows you to progress through this life-changing material at a pace that works for you.
Put your SELF Back Into Diabetes Self-Management!
With this complete online program, you will learn how to manage your diabetes mindfully without rigid meal plans or punishing exercise.
We get it. A diagnosis of prediabetes or diabetes can feel like a life sentence. It is natural to feel overwhelmed with making lifestyle changes, monitoring your blood sugar levels, and preventing complications.
But we have great news! Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Prediabetes and Diabetes is a practical mind-body approach that shifts the focus from rigid nutrition rules and strict exercise regimens to awareness of your beliefs, habits, thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations. You will learn to be the expert in YOU!
This self-paced online program is facilitated by Michelle May, M.D. (founder of Am I Hungry?) and Megrette Fletcher MEd, RD, CDE (co-founder of The Center for Mindful Eating), will guide you through a step-by-step process for understanding how to listen to and understand your “inner expert” and put you in charge of your eating and health decisions.
Your self-paced diabetes course includes:
- A copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes: A Mindful Eating Program for Thriving with Prediabetes or Diabetes
- Password access to our private Member Portal and forum – Share your successes and discuss challenges with your community, write in your private journal, access our Am I Hungry? Virtual Coach and use other great tools.
- A brief daily Mindful Moment email for six weeks to help keep you motivated and focused
- Weekly Workshop Summary – Weekly email summarizing the workshop lessons to support your progress
- Tools and handouts to help you manage your diabetes long-term
- Six crucial online lessons taught by Michelle and Megrette that cover four essential topics:
- Think: Conscious decision making using the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Cycle
- Care: Education about diabetes self-management and preventing the associated complications
- Nourish: Nutrition from a nonrestrictive, all-foods-fit perspective
- Live: Physical activity that is enjoyable and can be integrated into daily life
What You’ll Learn
With these six crucial lessons, you’ll learn a whole new way to manage your diabetes for life!
- Savor every aspect of eating – yes, even with prediabetes or diabetes
- Eat what you love without guilt or fear of losing control
- Discover simple yet powerful methods for knowing when, what, and how much to eat without restrictive rules
- Understand how eating and physical activity affect your blood sugar
- Learn the basics of nutrition in clear, practical terms
- Embrace blood-sugar monitoring with an attitude of curiosity instead of fear
- Decrease your anxiety about diabetes self-management
- Make exercise a “get to” instead of a “have to”
- Understand why medications may be an important part of your diabetes care
- Become proactive at preventing the complications associated with uncontrolled diabetes
- Develop powerful patterns of thinking so you can live the balanced, vibrant life you crave
Lesson 1: Awareness
Think: Why Do I Eat?
Care: Understanding Diabetes
Nourish: Paint by Number or Masterpiece
Live: Change Your Mind
Lesson 2: Curiosity
Think: When Do I Want to Eat?
Care: Glucose Monitoring
Nourish: Mindful Meal Planning
Live: Exercise is the Best Medicine
Lesson 3: Non-Judgment
Think: What Do I Eat?
Care: Taking Medications
Nourish: Clearing Carb Confusion
Live: Increase Your Stamina
Lesson 4: Being Present
Think: How Do I Eat?
Care: Staying Healthy
Nourish: Fat Facts
Live: Increase Your Strength
Lesson 5: Letting Go
Think: How Much Do I Eat?
Care: Problem Solving
Nourish: Protein Power
Live: Increase Your Flexibility
Lesson 6: Acceptance
Think: Where Do I Invest My Energy?
Care: A Flexible Approach to Self-Care
Nourish: Putting It All Together
Live: Mindful Movement
Start the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating for Diabetes Self-Paced Program!
Get Started Now Includes everything you’ll need for just $249