Resources for Health Professionals
If diets were the solution, there wouldn't be a problem!
Do you work with patients or clients who've tried numerous diets or weight management programs only to gain the weight back? Am I Hungry?® will help them stop dangerous binging and weight cycling and learn how to use hunger to guide their eating. This non-diet approach is based on the concepts of intuitive eating and mindful eating delivered in a structured format that builds the necessary skills to reach a healthier weight and maintain it for life.
Find out why Am I Hungry?® is the solution you've been looking for to help your patients develop a healthier lifestyle
- Download the first chapter of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle
- Learn more about the Am I Hungry?® approach from two valuable resources FREE: Understanding the Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Cycle™ (60 minute audio) and Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Workshop Overview (33 minute video)
- Read Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle Learn how to guide your patients toward sustainable healthier lifestyles.
- American Academy of Family Physicians Videos with Michelle May M.D.: Guidance on Encouraging Patients to Live Healthier Lifestyles
- American Academy of Family Physicians Video with Michelle May M.D. (3 min 46 sec): Making a Change for Family Fitness
- American Academy of Family Physicians Podcast with Michelle May M.D. (9.57 minutes): Motivating Healthy Behaviors
- CME Webcast with Michelle May, M.D.: AIM to Change - Encouraging Fitness for All
- CME Bulletin by Michelle May, M.D.: Be Active, Eat Smart, Feel Good - A Family Centered Approach to Healthy Lifestyles
- Order AAFP Americans in Motion Patient Education Tools (based on Am I Hungry? What to Do When Diets Don't Work)
- Discovery Health CME: Adult Obesity - Reversing the Trend (Dr. May on panel)
- Discovery Health CME: Healthy Steps to Treating Childhood Obesity (Dr. May on panel)
- Listen to recorded teleseminar: Mindfulness-based Weight Management
- Earn continuing education credit by completing Am I Hungry?® Facilitator Training
- Invite Michelle to speak at your next Conference: www.MichelleMayMD.com
- Arrange a Mindful Eating Vibrant Living Retreat for your association or company
- Learn about mindful eating and diabetes: Visit website or download a flyer about the book Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat with Diabetes: A Mindful Eating Program for Thriving with Prediabetes or Diabetes
- Email us at Training with any other questions.
Want to know more about how Am I Hungry?® benefits your patients and clients?
We are pleased to offer you two valuable resources FREE! Click here to access:
- Understanding the Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Cycle™ (60 minute audio)
In this eye-opening and entertaining presentation by founder Michelle May, M.D. you'll hear Dr. May describe six crucial decision points in the Mindful Eating Cycle™ and six specific strategies to help your patients or clients develop a healthier, more positive relationship with food and physical activity.
- Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Workshop Overview (33 minute video)
View video clips from live Am I Hungry?® Workshops facilitated by Dr. May
As a health professional who has also had gastric bypass surgery, I quickly realized that they didn't staple my brain! The Am I Hungry? principles apply well to bariatric surgery patients and help them better use their tools and strengths to ensure optimal health. -Janine Kyrillos, M.D.
The Am I Hungry? facilitator training "sealed the deal" for me. Any questions I had about this approach were completely erased. It prepares facilitators completely and confidently to take this message of eating and living to the public. The materials are comprehensive and excellent. I know that I will be using this information for the rest of my career as a Family Physician and for the rest of my life personally. I (and hopefully all of my patients and participants to come) will never diet again!
- Lori Hurst, M.D.