Actually, I love the fresh start that comes with the new year, so I don’t feel nearly as cynical as that sounds. What I am cynical about is another round of “lose weight” resolutions resulting in wasted money, messed up metabolism, deprivation, cravings, and guilt.
Ugh. I’ve been there and I am NEVER going back. How about you?
Could this be the year that you resolve to become an expert in yourself instead?
If you’ve been brainwashed into believing that it’s not possible for you to learn to trust yourself, you can probably identify with Paulette:
I’m in the fifth week of the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating program. I cried at each of the first two workshops. I’ve known for years that a piece (or more) of the puzzle was missing, and the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program is teaching me about the missing pieces. No more dieting for me! I’m working on mindful eating and listening to my body. I’m moving forward with living the life I want now instead of delaying what I want until I weigh less. What freedom I feel. How wonderful it feels to be in charge! – Paulette
We would love to help you discover your missing pieces too!
If this could be the year that you finally break your eat-repent-repeat cycle, please read on for six ways to make 2014 the year you took charge of your life!
- Sign-up for an Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Workshop
- Participate in our Mindful Eating Support Community.
- Participate in the Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Retreat at Red Mountain Resort in Ivins, Utah.
- Finally read Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat! Visit the Am I Hungry? Marketplace to order – or, if you prefer, listen to Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat – now available in audio book on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes!
- Download this one page handout to guide you through 7 Steps to Setting Magnetic New Year’s Resolutions.
Whatever your resolutions, I wish you the BEST in the New Year!